?

Log in

There's 2,200+ people Watching this community. I know that at least… - The Buddhism Community

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> BuddhaNet

April 20th, 2009


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
secret2012
02:12 am
There's 2,200+ people Watching this community.

I know that at least HALF of you are here because you are actually interested in Buddhism and discussing different aspects of the beliefs and sharing healthy discussion about it.

If you're tired of the stupidity here and would like a place where you can actually talk about Buddhism in a healthy, intelligent, adult manner please join us over at buddhism_2.

As of right now, joining is not moderated because I will give MOST people a chance once.

Read the rules, this isn't a place that we will put up with your guy's bull crap.
You will get ONE warning to stop being stupid, and if you say something inappropriate a second time you're banned. This includes comments / posts like buff114's "Crazy People, Please seek mental help" post.

Go ahead and bash me all you want, I'm simply going to delete all of the comments from here anyhow.

Oh and yeah Owl_Clan and wojtesticles, don't worry. You're already banned. :)

Everyone else who actually wants a GOOD community. buddhism_2 Join me!

(41 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:margaret_yakoda
Date:April 20th, 2009 07:55 am (UTC)

Just some observations

(Link)
1) You wish to ban the nasty, and yet on the community info page you insult two people. That seems a touch contradictory to me.

2) This has been tried before. Not saying you shouldn't try the new moderated community thing again, I dunno, maybe it'll work this time. But history suggests otherwise.

3) You wish to ban trolls and you've already got a well known troll as a member of your community. That's.. inconsistent.

I don't mean to be hurtful with these observations. I am just offering them for your consideration.
From:secret2012
Date:April 20th, 2009 08:02 am (UTC)

Re: Just some observations

(Link)
1. I'm not nasty by pointing out the fact that those two are complete trolls who basically ruin this community. There's a difference in my mind between saying certain people who have shown time after time that they have the maturity level of 2 year olds and are not welcome and being nasty.
Oh and yes I am honestly a bit nasty about owl_clan, him and I have gone around a number of times when I was on my old LJ and so we kind of have a history..
2. I understand that, I'm not making the community in hopes of making it a hopping community, simply a place where people can go and get away from the stupidity here.
3. If that member becomes a troll (which I haven't seen in here) then they will be banned. Don't worry.
[User Picture]
From:margaret_yakoda
Date:April 20th, 2009 08:34 am (UTC)

Re: Just some observations

(Link)
Um... Ya...

1) I understand what you say about Owl Clan, but his posts often DO have some merit. Woj is what he is, so no argument from me there on his status as a troll. However, just because he is a troll is not (in my opinion)a good excuse to call him names.

2) It's been done before. There are communities already in existence. There was no pressing need to make a new on, you could have simply joined one of the others.

3) I'm not worried. At first I too had a huge problem with the trolls here. Now I see them as an opportunity for practice. Not sayin' that's how you should handle it, just sayin' what's worked for me. However, cuddlefordbug's a well known troll and a stalker to boot. This is not my personal opinion, it is the assessment of many others who have had the misfortune of interacting with him. Good luck with him, you're going to need it!
[User Picture]
From:makingthematrix
Date:April 20th, 2009 08:17 am (UTC)

Re: Just some observations

(Link)
Oh, c'mon. Just give them a chance.
(Deleted comment)
From:secret2012
Date:April 20th, 2009 08:20 am (UTC)

Re: Just some observations

(Link)
My thoughts exactly.

Why should I even give them a chance? So I can go and delete their entries and ban them tomorrow?

No thanks.
[User Picture]
From:makingthematrix
Date:April 20th, 2009 12:42 pm (UTC)

Re: Just some observations

(Link)
Uhm, but, I was referring to the margaret_yakoda comment, not to your statement to ban these two people >.>'
[User Picture]
From:margaret_yakoda
Date:April 20th, 2009 08:26 am (UTC)

Re: Just some observations

(Link)
There is no chance to give. The OP gets to do whatever she wants independent of my advice, observations or opinions. I do not have the power to stop the OP from doing as she wishes, nor would I use it even if I had the power.

However, I stand by my observations.
From:mindfulness
Date:April 20th, 2009 08:41 am (UTC)
(Link)
People have set up alternative communities time and time again over the years to escape those they deem trolls and usually they get a few members and a brief flush of posts before they fall silent or extremely quiet.

Also the number of people watching this community? I'd guess the majority of them no longer even use livejournal, they just never deleted their accounts. That's not important but I thought I'd point it out as very likely.

Good luck. I might join at a later date, but I would just add it to my buddhist filtered friends page and may not follow which community is which. So I'd keep seeing both communities and I wouldn't escape those deemed 'trolls'. That's kind of funny I suppose.
From:cuddlefordbug
Date:April 20th, 2009 09:15 am (UTC)
(Link)
Are you still online? comment back if so. I believe owl_clan has made another fake journal. I want to help.
From:secret2012
Date:April 20th, 2009 09:44 am (UTC)
(Link)
I'm on
From:secret2012
Date:April 20th, 2009 05:48 pm (UTC)
(Link)
you need to check yourself into a mental hospital.
If you want me to help you find resources, do let me know.

I've never SEEN someone as mentally ill than you and that's saying something because I work as a nurse and I've seen a fair bunch.

I believe in Buddhism but I am praying to God that some day you get cancer and die a very long horrible pathetic death because you have the body of an adult but you have the brain of a truly mentally ill three year old.
[User Picture]
From:laren
Date:April 20th, 2009 06:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hahaha, now THAT'S Buddhist of you.
[User Picture]
From:owl_clan
Date:April 21st, 2009 06:16 am (UTC)
(Link)

These people put the "bodhi" in bodhisattva, don't they?
[User Picture]
From:margaret_yakoda
Date:April 21st, 2009 01:01 am (UTC)
(Link)
...or maybe he's a bodhisattva, in which case you might learn something from his behavior and should then thank him for his kindness.

[User Picture]
From:violetlotus
Date:April 21st, 2009 02:13 am (UTC)
(Link)
I believe in Buddhism but I am praying to God that some day you get cancer and die a very long horrible pathetic death because you have the body of an adult but you have the brain of a truly mentally ill three year old.

Wow. You have a lot to learn. Good luck practicing dharma in your new "good" community.
[User Picture]
From:owl_clan
Date:April 21st, 2009 06:16 am (UTC)
(Link)

lol! win!
[User Picture]
From:chucktaylor9
Date:April 21st, 2009 01:04 pm (UTC)
(Link)
You would wish cancer on a mentally ill three year old just because its difficult to deal with them?
[User Picture]
From:acidosaur
Date:April 20th, 2009 11:48 am (UTC)
(Link)
Um.... I think your community has already been massively trolled....
[User Picture]
From:ranger_rick
Date:April 20th, 2009 11:55 am (UTC)
(Link)
Um, I think the mod is a troll.
From:cuddlefordbug
Date:April 20th, 2009 12:23 pm (UTC)
(Link)
You make everyone so proud.
[User Picture]
From:ranger_rick
Date:April 20th, 2009 12:26 pm (UTC)
(Link)
psh You're just being kind.
From:wojtesticles
Date:April 20th, 2009 12:19 pm (UTC)

HEY APOCALYPSE CULT WOMAN!!!!

(Link)
you think the world is ending in 2012
I ~really~ wanna join -YoUr- CuLt,

[User Picture]
From:daydream_me
Date:April 20th, 2009 04:26 pm (UTC)

Re: HEY APOCALYPSE CULT WOMAN!!!!

(Link)
AHAHA! I love it.
From:secret2012
Date:April 20th, 2009 05:48 pm (UTC)

Re: HEY APOCALYPSE CULT WOMAN!!!!

(Link)
2012 - The year I get my Masters Degree.

Thanks.
[User Picture]
From:gillan
Date:April 20th, 2009 12:25 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Buddhism 2: First Blood
[User Picture]
From:xochitl42
Date:April 20th, 2009 12:32 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hee. I was thinking Buddhism 2: Electric Boogaloo.
[User Picture]
From:gillan
Date:April 20th, 2009 12:33 pm (UTC)
(Link)
So many options.

Buddhism 2: Buddha Takes Manhatten
[User Picture]
From:solidfoamsoul
Date:April 20th, 2009 01:57 pm (UTC)
(Link)
You win.
[User Picture]
From:owl_clan
Date:April 21st, 2009 06:16 am (UTC)
(Link)

LOL! WIN!
From:yukontodd
Date:April 20th, 2009 02:51 pm (UTC)
(Link)


Though I do wish you well, I also hope you have a sense of humour. I was going to post this in your new group, actually, but you got problems there. I suggest you make a few people you feel you can trust into moderators and settle in to be really annoyed for a few days, then temporarily close membership for a while. Good luck!
[User Picture]
From:nebulosity
Date:April 20th, 2009 03:32 pm (UTC)
(Link)
ROFLLLL
[User Picture]
From:a_strange_day_
Date:April 20th, 2009 03:48 pm (UTC)
(Link)
This wins the internet.
[User Picture]
From:daydream_me
Date:April 20th, 2009 04:28 pm (UTC)
(Link)
LOLZ
[User Picture]
From:laren
Date:April 20th, 2009 06:09 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I ROFLD.
From:secret2012
Date:April 20th, 2009 06:13 pm (UTC)
(Link)
lol I have a sense of humor. So long as they aren't as mentally ill as Owl_Clan is.

Yeah I just locked down the community to idiots. :)

[User Picture]
From:daoine_o
Date:April 20th, 2009 09:38 pm (UTC)
(Link)
oh, man, yukontodd , get outta my skull! i was *so* gonna post this! this is my favoritest dinosaur comic *ever*! ok, right along with:

http://www.qwantz.com/archive/000255.html

and

http://www.qwantz.com/archive/000894.html

so, i have *3* favoritest dinosaur comics with buddhist themes... O_o

From:yukontodd
Date:April 20th, 2009 09:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
It's been so

http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-1470.png

around here lately.:)
[User Picture]
From:daoine_o
Date:April 21st, 2009 07:15 am (UTC)
(Link)
i just looked thru the archives...so much t-rexian goodness. thanks for the mindful reminder of the wonder of dinosaur comics.

wow...i just may have to go read for awhile and see what brews and foments in my absence. :-/

(this makes me super important!)

http://www.qwantz.com/archive/000598.html
[User Picture]
From:rgreystrix
Date:April 20th, 2009 10:02 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I love that one! My hero...
[User Picture]
From:daphnep
Date:April 20th, 2009 10:20 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Yayyyyy!
[User Picture]
From:greatfenris
Date:April 20th, 2009 05:03 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Well, that there is the need for such a group is sad by itself. But what is happening there is really sad. So much hate and agression (I don't care for uneffective clouding of such by so called fun or jesterdom, joking's alright but often gets mixed up). I guess compassion is one of the least things learned sometimes.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com